|Implementation of Environmental Activities, CSR Activities, etc.
For details, please refer to the “NISSIN FOODS Group Sustainability Report” posted on the Company’s website at the following URL.
The Group Philosophy is to be an EARTH FOOD CREATOR, contributing to society and the earth by gratifying people everywhere with pleasures and delights food can provide. In line with this philosophy, we view ESG issues such as climate change, aging population, and population growth along with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as opportunities to grow. Accordingly, we aim to be a company that can better contribute to society through measures such as development of environmentally friendly packaging and provision of products for health-conscious customers.
We were selected as one of the constituent stocks of the “Asia/Pacific Index” of the “Dow Jones Sustainability Indices,” which are global ESG investment stock price indices, for the second consecutive year in recognition of our activities for achieving ESG since 2018. The Group’s Creating Shared Value (CSV) management approach embodies the spirit of its founder, base of the Group philosophy. Through this management style, we will pursue both social and economic values, and strive to sustainably increase corporate value.
“EARTH FOOD CHALLENGE 2030” is a medium- to long-term environmental strategy unique to the Group. The Group takes on highly important environmental challenges and increases the ability to co-exist with the environment, and whereby avoids future risk of existing businesses being diminished and sustains the business life cycle over the long term. More specifically, the Group works on the two issues: the “resources” and the “climate change.” As for the resource-related issues, the Group takes on challenges of realizing “earth-friendly procurement” in which the Group works on the procurement of palm oil in consideration for the environment and human rights, “saving of earth resources” in which the Group works on the saving of water used in plants and other initiatives and “waste-free earth” in which the Group recycles and reduces food wastes, and thereby realizes effective use of the limited natural resources. As for the climate change-related issues, the Group takes on challenges of procuring “green electricity” in which the Group works to use renewable energy as the electricity used in its business and utilizing “green food” and “green packaging materials” in which the Group works to switch the raw materials used for food and packaging materials to those with lower environmental burden, and thereby reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- Progress on Measures for Health and Productivity Management
- The Company considers one of the most important management issues is to ensure that in its business operations, all employees maintain and promote their physical and mental health and demonstrate their capabilities to the maximum extent possible based on “美健賢食 Bi-ken Ken-shoku (Eat wisely for beauty and health),” one of the elements that make up the spirit of our founder. In 2018, the Company formulated the “NISSIN FOODS Group’s Declaration of Health and Productivity Management” and worked to strategically promote health management.
The Company is supporting the health of its employees through such efforts as offering health guidance and providing consultations with an industrial physician. In addition, to promote greater awareness among employees and the practice of health conscious activities, the Company has been carrying out various initiatives, including seminars.
The Company’s efforts were evaluated and it was selected as one of the companies in the large enterprise category (White 500) of the “2020 Certified Health and Productivity Management Organization Recognition Program” for a second consecutive year.
- Promotion of Active Participation by Female Human Resources
- Since 2016, the Company has been putting efforts into “promotion of active participation by female human resources” as the first step toward realizing the “promotion of diversity,” which is considered as one of the important policies in the medium-term management strategy.
The Company has been recognized for its multi-faceted efforts on female resources and in the “Nadeshiko Brands” was selected as one of the “Semi-Nadeshiko Brands” for a second consecutive year as a company that is actively implementing the promotion of active participation by female resources in 2019.
- Support for Balancing Career and Child-Rearing
- Since 2015, the Company has been putting efforts into the “promotion of the work style reform” and “support for balancing career and family life.” In addition to introducing a telecommuting work system that enables flexible work times, and a flex-time system without core time, the Company has been implementing various measures for employees while taking childcare leave such as education and training regarding work styles and career advancement after the return to work.
The Company has been recognized for such efforts to provide multi-faceted support for the child-rearing needs of employees, and it received “Platinum Kurumin” certification again in 2020 from the Tokyo Labour Bureau as a company that provides excellent child-rearing support.