|Implementation of Environmental Activities, CSR Activities, etc.
For details, please refer to the “NISSIN FOODS Group Sustainability Report” posted on the Company’s website at the following URL.
The Group Philosophy of the NISSIN FOODS Group is to be an EARTH FOOD CREATOR, contributing to society and the earth by gratifying people everywhere with pleasures and delights food can provide. The Group’s mission is not only to provide safe and delicious food to people as the pioneer of instant noodles, but also promote the development of products that solve environmental and social issues. The Group is working to realize a sustainable society and increase corporate value by establishing the “Sustainability Committee,” which is chaired by President & Representative Director, CEO. Furthermore, from the fiscal year ending March 31, 2022, the Group established the “Sustainability Advisory Board,” which primarily consists of external experts, positioned it as an advisory body to the Board of Directors and the Sustainability Committee, and utilized investors’ opinions and international trends in its management.
The Group is working to realize its vision and achieve sustainable growth. One theme for the medium- to long-term growth strategy is “EARTH FOOD CHALLENGE 2030,” which is the Group’s own medium- to long-term strategy concerning the environment. The Group aims to realize a sustainable society and increase corporate value by promoting environmental measures of an even higher level.
More specifically, the Group works on two issues: “resources” and “climate change.” As for the resource-related issues, the Group is aiming for “earth-friendly procurement,” the “saving of earth resources” and a “waste-free earth,” has set numerical targets for them, and will take on the challenge of effectively utilizing resources through procurement with a low environmental impact and the reduction of waste.
As for the issue of climate change, the Group is aiming for “green electricity,” “green ingredients” and “green packaging,” and has established targets for the reduction of CO2 emissions. The Group will take on the challenge by supplementing the electricity used in business with renewable energy and switching to packaging and ingredients that have less of an impact on the environment.
These ESG initiatives have been evaluated, and the Group was selected as one of the constituent stocks of the “World Index (DJSI World)” in the “Dow Jones Sustainability Indices,” which are global ESG investment indices. In addition, the group was selected as one of the constituent stocks of the “Asia/Pacific Index” for the fourth consecutive year.
For details concerning the Company’s initiatives, please refer to the URL below as the information has been posted on the Company’s website.
- Progress on Measures for Health and Productivity Management
- The Company considers one of the most important management issues is to ensure that in its business operations, all employees maintain and promote their physical and mental health and demonstrate their capabilities to the maximum extent possible based on “美健賢食 Bi-ken Ken-shoku (Eat wisely for beauty and health),” one of the elements that make up the spirit of our founder. In 2018, the Company formulated the “NISSIN FOODS Group’s Declaration of Health and Productivity Management” and worked to strategically promote health management.
The Company is supporting the health of its employees through such efforts as offering health guidance and providing consultations with an industrial physician. In addition, to promote greater awareness among employees and the practice of health conscious activities, the Company has been carrying out various initiatives, including seminars.
The Company’s efforts were evaluated and it was selected as one of the companies in the large enterprise category (White 500) of the “2021 Certified Health and Productivity Management Organization Recognition Program” for a third consecutive year.
- Promotion of Active Participation by Female Human Resources
- Since 2016, the Company has been putting efforts into “promotion of active participation by female human resources” as the first step toward realizing the “promotion of diversity,” which is considered as one of the important policies in the medium-term management strategy.
The Company has been recognized for its multi-faceted efforts on female resources and in the “Nadeshiko Brands” was selected as one of the “Semi-Nadeshiko Brands” for a second consecutive year as a company that is actively implementing the promotion of active participation by female resources in 2019.
- Support for Balancing Career and Child-Rearing
- Since 2015, the Company has been putting efforts into the “promotion of the work style reform” and “support for balancing career and family life.” In addition to introducing a telecommuting work system that enables flexible work times, and a flex-time system without core time, the Company has been implementing various measures for employees while taking childcare leave such as education and training regarding work styles and career advancement after the return to work.
The Company has been recognized for such efforts to provide multi-faceted support for the child-rearing needs of employees, and it received “Platinum Kurumin” certification again from the Tokyo Labour Bureau as a company that provides excellent child-rearing support.