Joint delivery by the NISSIN FOODS Group’s business corporations contributes to increasing load efficiency and reducing the number of vehicles required for delivery. In Hokkaido, for example, NISSIN FOOD PRODUCTS, MYOJO FOODS, and NISSIN CISCO deliver jointly, and similarly for NISSIN FOOD PRODUCTS and MYOJO FOODS in the North Tohoku, Chubu, Shikoku, and Chugoku regions. Furthermore, in recent years, joint delivery is being carried out with companies in other industries. At several sites in Honshu Island, trunk line joint delivery is being conducted with the beverage industry.
In addition, we are implementing modal shifts from trucking to ships and rail transportation. MYOJO FOODS is implementing a partial modal shift for transportation of freight from its Saitama Plant and Kobe Plant to its Kyushu logistics center, and NISSIN FROZEN FOODS is switching some shipping from SAITAMA NISSIN FOOD PRODUCTS to the Kyushu region to ships and railway containers.
NISSIN FOOD PRODUCTS is promoting the switch from manual truck loading to the use of plastic pallets in trunk line transport from plants to distribution warehouses. This has reduced the time required for loading or unloading from the previous 2 hours to 20 to 30 minutes (each way). Shortening loading, unloading, and waiting times reduces the total time drivers spend at work sites. The logistics industry is facing a driver shortage, and the company is contributing to reducing work and improving the work environment for drivers by pursuing greater distribution efficiency. NISSIN FOOD PRODUCTS is endorsing the “White Logistics” movement* being promoted by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries and has submitted a declaration for voluntary action in December 2019.
- NISSIN FOODS declaration for voluntary action
- ・Extend lead times (Achieve efficient shipment operations by implementing second-day delivery year-round to create a grace period for securing vehicles)
- ・Use palettes or other tools (Palletization of trunk line transports, reduce loading/unloading time)
- ・Introduce a truck reservation system (Install a system at directly-managed plants to reduce vehicle waiting times)
- ・Improve shipper facilities (Install specialized facilities for handling palettes at the plant shipment port to reduce loading time)
- ・Propose and cooperate for improvement of logistics (Consult with logistics partner, optimize positioning of warehouse sites)
- *Given the serious shortage of drivers, this movement aims to (1) raise productivity of truck transports and increase efficiency of logistics, and (2) realize a labor environment that makes it easy for drivers, including women and people 60 and over, to work. The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries are encouraging companies to participate in the campaign.
All the company vehicles of the NISSIN FOODS Group* are environment-friendly vehicles which are either hybrid vehicles or vehicles that meet the highest exhaust emission standards. Employees are encouraged to use eco-driving techniques, including the avoidance of rapid acceleration or braking, and to use public transportation if available.
- *NISSIN FOOD PRODUCTS, NISSIN CHILLED FOODS, NISSIN FROZEN FOODS, MYOJO FOODS, NISSIN YORK