NISSIN FOODS Group CSV Management
To achieve sustainable growth while solving environmental and social issues as an “EARTH FOOD CREATOR”, constantly creating new food cultures through innovation.
Growth Story for the Mid- to Long-Term
Three Mid- to long-term growth strategies for achieving our vision and sustainable growth.
Mid- to Long-Term Growth Strategy 2030
Pursue sustainable growth while shifting our profit portfolio in a major way toward aggressive growth of Overseas Business + Non-Instant Noodles Business.
- *Real operating profit growth rate, excluding the impact of non-recurring income and expenses and the impact of currency conversion to the yen during consolidation (defined by NISSIN FOODS HOLDINGS as a non-GAAP indicator called core operating profit; details to follow)
- **Figures for 2020 (FY3/2021) are approximate figures calculated by deducting Japan and other segment net loss and impairment loss, extraordinary gains, and other income and expenses, as well as the impact of COVID-19, which was a significant factor in the profit increase over FY3/2020 through FY3/2021, from FY3/2021 operating profit under the IFRS standard
Growth Strategy1Strengthen the Cash-Generating Capacity of Existing Businesses
- Overseas Business Growth Driver: Deeper Global Branding
- Further clarify and establish the competitive advantages of CUP NOODLES by core value and by area; CUP NOODLES has reached a stage to be regarded as a global brand.
Overseas BusinessProfit Growth Levels.: High-single to Double Digit
The Leading Company in the High-Value-Added Market
- Develop brand strategies into operational strategies in line with the stage of each market and business. Aim for further high growth by utilizing M&A as well.
Domestic Non-Instant Noodles BusinessProfit Growth Levels. : High-single Digit
Second Profit Pillar
- Leverage growth and profitability improvement in each business, focusing on added value by pursuing group synergies on both the supply and demand sides.
Domestic Instant Noodles BusinessProfit Growth Levels. : ≧ Market Growth
A Century Brand Company
- Deepen efforts to develop demand, penetrate brands, develop markets, and strengthen supply capabilities to continue to grow over the medium to long term, steadily increasing sales and profits, even in mature markets.
- Pursuing Business Structure Reform in the Digital Era
- NISSIN Business Transformation (NBX): Groupwide activities aimed at transforming our business model itself, beyond simple digitalization.
Growth Strategy2EARTH FOOD CHALLENGE 2030
Maximize our ability to coexist in harmony with the Earth to extend the life cycle of our existing businesses significantly, while raising the stage of our Food Technology, one of our sources of competitiveness, to a new level.
Growth Strategy3Pursue New Businesses
While modern diet is richer and more abundant than ever, we see many food-related problems, such as obesity due to excessive calories and hidden malnutrition due to inappropriate dieting. By improving the value of food, Nissin Foods will take on the challenge to solve these global social issues.
Developing the Market for Delicious Complete Nutrition Meals
We will strive to make delicious, complete nutrition foods available anytime, anywhere. In addition, we will build services that will help people stay healthy throughout their lives, such as linking food intake and health data.
Expansion of Values Through the Integration of New and Existing Businesses
We will contribute to enhancing product value and solving social issues through synergies with existing global brands such as Cup Noodles.
Human Resources to Support Our Strategies/Organizational Foundation Reform
To create an innovative organization capable of executing strategies and creating new food cultures, we will define and implement a transformation roadmap as the first step toward establishing a NISSIN-style job-based model.
Approach to Sustainable Profit Growth
We have defined core operating profit of existing businesses as an indicator showing the real growth of our existing businesses, which serve as the foundation for growth investment. Here, we have set growth in the mid-single digits as our core economic value target.
NISSIN FOODS Group is committed to achieving four mid- to long-term economic value (financial) targets through CSV management: (1) Sustainable profit growth, (2) Efficient use of capital, (3) Safe use of debt, and (4) Stable shareholder returns. The group will pursue these targets while also pursuing targets related to social value and environmental value (non-financial).